REFERENCE CENTRES, SERVICES AND UNITS (RCSU)
An RCSU of a service or unit of reference specializes in a technique, technology or procedure for the treatment of certain pathologies or groups of pathologies and which fulfil one or several of the criteria stipulated in Royal Decree 1302/2006, regardless of whether or not this service or unit treats other pathologies for which it does not have reference status An RCSU has to:
- Provide coverage for the entire national territory and treat patients under equal conditions regardless of their place of residence.
- Provide treatment in a multidisciplinary team: healthcare treatment, support for diagnostic confirmation, definition of therapeutic and monitoring strategies and acting as a consultant for the clinical units that regularly treat the patients in question.
- Guarantee the continuity of treatment between the stages of the patient's life (child-adult) and between healthcare levels.
- Evaluate the results.
- Training other professionals.
The following Reference Centres, Services and Units (RCSU) are currently recognized at the Hospital:
- HPT in paediatric haemato-oncological patients
- Neuromuscular Pathology.
- Functional unit for the treatment of malignant mesenchymal and soft tissue tumours