Protecting, maintaining and improving the health of the users, visitors and workers at the Hospital is the programme’s key objective.
Why do we want a smoke-free hospital?
- To protect the health of our workers and ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
- To be consistent with other measure for promoting health and preventing diseases caused by smoking.
- To give support and reinforcement for the growing demand for the application of regulations on tobacco consumption from non-smokers and public opinion.
- To comply with current legislation that bans smoking in hospitals.
- World No Tobacco Day
- European Charter of Smoke-Free Hospitals
- Xarxa Catalana d’Hospitals sense Fum (Catalan Network of Smoke-Free Hospitals)